Our introduction to business simulation progressively steps students through fundamental business decisions and strategy. Reinforcing knowledge and developing skills as they manage their own company.Contact us for more info
Through our interactive interface students will be taught the cross-functional disciplines of business, and how the development and implementation of strategy involves these disciplines. The competitive element of MikesBikes encourages students to understand these principles and have fun doing it!
- Students start as Advertising/Brand Managers of a Bicycle Manufacturing company and get hands-on experience making Pricing, Marketing and Production decisions
- As each decision period progresses students will be given more control over their company, becoming responsible for Distribution, Operations, Product Development, and Financial decisions.
- Students analyze real financial reports and market data
- Formulate a comprehensive strategy, starting with a single product focus. As the simulation progresses students can develop new products and release these into emerging markets
- Students compete against others in their course in an online multiplayer environment. The competitive nature of MikesBikes makes the simulation so enjoyable for students, while encouraging involvement and learning in a way that no other teaching methodology can
- MikesBikes uses a dynamic marketplace so that students must analyze the changing market and understand the needs of their customers, therefore reinforcing the importance of planning, implementation and evaluation of strategy.
"This is a brilliant simulation, I learned so much from it."
Our business simulations ensure students consider the circumstances of Customer, Competitors and Company Competence [the 3 C's] and engage in decisions on Product, Price, Promotion, and Place (Distribution) [the 4 P's] specific to either general business strategy or marketing strategy and implementation depending on the course focus. They are required to analyze data, collaborate with each other, and make decisions just like managers in the real world with their performance being ranked on Shareholder Value against other students in their course.
"It helps us to understand concepts quickly in addition to reading the books."
MikesBikes-Intro comes complete with full documentation (Instructors and Players Manuals), online resources (presentations, assignments and quizzes), and in-game help files to assist students. As an Instructor you will also have access to our Online Administrator enabling you to monitor the simulation in as much or as little detail as you wish.
Setting up your simulation is easy, just email us your class list and we will take care of the rest! We also offer world class support for Instructors and Students, with 24/7 support via email and phone.
"It's an excellent learning experience and opportunity to understand business."
MikesBikes-Intro is being successfully used in General Business and Marketing Courses throughout the World to introduce the key concepts of business. Your students will join the hundreds of thousands around the World that have thoroughly enjoyed MikesBikes and continue to inform us it's the highlight of their qualification!