Music2Go Marketing is our Principles of Marketing Simulation.
In Music2go, you will have the opportunity to formulate and implement a marketing strategy within your own virtual company.
Each simulation year you will be introduced to new decision areas for your company:
- Year 1: Sales and Marketing
- Year 2: Sales Promotion
- Year 3: Product Development
The primary goal of your company is to beat your competitors by maximizing the Total Marketing Contribution (TMC) of your firm. TMC is measured by the total amount of Marketing Contribution you can create each year in comparison to your competitors.
In other words, you want to make as much money as possible!
How to get started
When the simulation begins, you will be sent your login details by either your instructor or by Smartsims.
- Log into the Smartsims website with the login details you have been given.
- You may need to register for your simulation.
- Access our available resources under the Manuals and Videos tab from the left-hand menu.
- Launch your company by clicking on your simulation name on the left-hand menu, then clicking on the blue launch button.
For more information, please view our step-by-step guide on how to log in, register, access the simulation and view all of the resources available to you.
Rollover is the term used to describe moving from one year (decision period) to the next. A Rollover will process your currently entered decisions in the simulation for the year ahead.
Single-Player & Multi-Player
Music2Go has two phases of the simulation. It is important that you know the difference between these phases, and that you are entering your decisions in the correct World.
Single-Player Phase: In the Single-Player you will compete against one or four (depending on your course) computer-controlled competitors. In the Single-Player you are able to roll forward into the next decision period/year or roll back as you wish in order to test and change your decisions.
Multi-Player Phase: In the Multi-Player you will compete either individually or in teams against other student-run companies in your class, or computer-controlled competitors (depending on your course). Moving from one year (decision period) to the next is done by automatic rollover on pre-set dates scheduled by your instructor.
The Music2Go simulation is designed to help you build confidence in each decision area which is designed to expand your knowledge and experience in Sales and Marketing, Distribution, Operations, Product Development, and Finance.
The following resources are available under the Manuals and Videos tab:
- Player’s Manuals: Which explains in detail each functional area of the simulation.
- Video Tutorials: Our tutorials take you through an example process of analyzing reports and making company decisions.